Struggling to think what you can do with all the spare days you get off this Easter? Whether you’re single AF, looking to impress a date, treating your girlfriend or just looking to spend some quality time with your pals, there’s a shit ton of virtual things to do or things to do around the house around and we’ve got it all planned out for you.
Yet, with the current situation, we’re kind of heading into uncertain times. It’s hard to say what will be happening a couple of weeks from now. Therefore, we’ve tweaked this months article, to include some ‘self-isolation’ alternatives for those of you being vigilant.
1. Learn how to make that banging new Vegan recipe!
Self-isolating? Not a problem, How about cooking something new? Whether you’re living with your girlfriend, wife, kids, BFF’s, housemates or even on your tod, there’s no excuse for not giving a new recipe a go. I mean, you’re literally stuck inside FFS!
Here’s a few of our favourite cookbooks to give you some inspiration:
- Simple, Yotam Ottolenghi
For the gluten-intolerant:
- Gluten is my Bitch, April Peveteaux
For the Veggie / Vegans:
- Bosh, Henry Firth & Ian Theasby
Thinking of going Veggie or Vegan and looking for a few tips on how to get going? Check out or article on how to make it easy.
2. Learn how to make your favourite cocktail
Yes girl, you heard us correctly. If you can’t head on down to the bar to get your fix of Espresso Martini’s, how about learning how to make them yourself?… And then drink them ;).
You don’t have to be a Mixologist to whip up a half-decent cocktail, there’s plenty of article’s online to guide you in the right direction. So, grab yourself a mixology starter kit and get shaaakin’ love!
3. Spa day (En tu casa chica!)
It’s looking like it’s best to stay indoors, so treat yourself, girl, to a DIY spa day. By the way, you can do all of the below only using ingredients found in your own god damn kitchen. So babe, if you are on lockdown, no problemo:
Conditioning Hair Mask:
- Ingredients: 1 jar of mayo, 1/2 an avo.
- Instructions: Mash the avocado and mix it into the mayonnaise. Apply Generously to hair. Leave for 20 minutes (watch an episode of ‘I’m Not Ok With This’ on Netflix). Wash out. Admire your Luscious Locks.
Natural Face Mask:
- Ingredients: 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tbsp oats, 1 tbsp oat milk.
- Instructions: Blend oats until fine. Mix with turmeric. Add oat milk, and mix. Apply to face. Leave for 20 minutes (watch another episode of ‘I’m Not ok With This’). Scrub off. Worship new spot-free, moisturised skin.
4. PJ day
Let yo’ hair down hun! Give yourself a day in bed, you deserve it. Stay in your PJ’s and binge watch some Netflix shows. As the much anticipated Killing Eve is returning to our screens with season 3 this summer (Can’t fucking wait!!), how about rewatching seasons 1 and 2?
But, if you’re still stuck for what to watch. Check out our article on best lesbian films on Netflix and Prime!
5. Have an award-worthy nap
Finally, if all else fails – or if you just bloody feel like it – have a fucking lush nap! Check out our article on ways to improve your sleep if you’re looking for some hardcore sleep motivation.
6. Read a life changing book
There is defiantly an upside to all this staying at home girls. We’re not rushing around, we’re not commuting and tired all the time, which is great because we can take a moment to relax and lose ourselves in a good book. Head over to our article on books to keep you smiling.
Enjoy your time Chicas.
Love Nonchalant xx